Over a century old a tiny sweetmeat shop existed on land owned by Raja Kamala Prasad Mukherjee. Our forefather late Ganguram Chaurasia came from a remote village in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to Kolkata in the 1880s. At first, he took up a job in the shop owned by Mr Raja and used to supply sweets to the rajbari as he was a skilled halwai. However, in 1885, our forefather set up a small sweetmeat shop in a small plot of land near Maniktola. Reputed 'ganguram' group which has been a name synonymous with traditional as well as modern 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗮𝗹𝗶 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀. Their products today are regularly being catered to reputed corporate houses, prestigious govt. organisations, 5-star hotels, multi-cuisine restaurants etc. Ganguram have the rare honour of being official suppliers to the hon'ble govt. of West Bengal's residence & secretariat. They have set up the example of a traditionally authentic sweet shop with our 200+ 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 & snacks collection.