Nolen Gurer Chai Recipe:
- 2 cups of water
- 2-3 black tea bags or loose tea leaves
- 1/4 cup milk (adjust to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons Nolen Gur (Date Palm Jaggery), grated or chopped
- 1-2 green cardamom pods, crushed
- A small piece of cinnamon stick (optional)
- A pinch of grated ginger (optional)
- A pinch of black pepper (optional)
- A pinch of saffron strands (optional)
1. Start by bringing 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, add the tea bags or loose tea leaves. Allow them to steep for 2-3 minutes, or until the tea is dark and aromatic. Adjust the steeping time according to your preference for tea strength.
3. While the tea is steeping, in a separate pan, gently heat the milk on low heat. You don't want to boil it; just warm it.
4. Once the tea is ready, remove it from heat and strain it into cups or a teapot. Discard the tea bags or leaves.
5. Add the warmed milk to the brewed tea. Stir gently to combine.
6. Now, it's time to sweeten your Nolen Gurer Chai. Add the grated or chopped Nolen Gur to the tea. Stir well until the jaggery has completely dissolved. Adjust the sweetness to your taste by adding more or less Nolen Gur.
7. For extra flavor, you can add crushed green cardamom pods, a small piece of cinnamon stick, a pinch of grated ginger, or a pinch of black pepper. These spices add depth to the chai, but you can skip them if you prefer a simpler flavor.
8. If you want to make your Nolen Gurer Chai even more special, you can add a pinch of saffron strands. Steep them in a teaspoon of warm milk for a few minutes and then add this saffron-infused milk to your chai.
9. Give your Nolen Gurer Chai one final stir to make sure all the flavors are well combined.
10. Serve the tea hot and enjoy the delightful blend of black tea, creamy milk, and the exquisite sweetness of Nolen Gur. It's a perfect treat for a cozy afternoon or as an after-dinner indulgence.
Note: Adjust the quantities of milk and Nolen Gur to suit your taste preferences. Some like their chai creamier and sweeter, while others prefer a milder sweetness. Experiment until you find the perfect balance for you.
For best quality ingredients directly from West Bengal, please visit our site:- https://indiacuisine.net