Jhal Muri is a popular street food snack from West Bengal, India. It is a flavorful and tangy mixture of puffed rice, vegetables, spices, and chutneys. Here's a recipe for making Jhal Muri:
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raw mango (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sev (crispy fried gram flour noodles)
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon mint-coriander chutney
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a large mixing bowl, combine the puffed rice, chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, raw mango (if using), coriander leaves, roasted peanuts, and sev.
Drizzle mustard oil (or any vegetable oil) over the mixture and toss well to coat the ingredients.
Add tamarind chutney and mint-coriander chutney to the bowl. Mix thoroughly to ensure that the chutneys are evenly distributed.
Sprinkle roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, red chili powder, and salt over the mixture. Mix well to combine all the flavors.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Transfer the Jhal Muri to serving bowls or plates.
Serve the Jhal Muri immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of each serving before eating for added tanginess.
Jhal Muri is a light and refreshing snack that can be enjoyed as a teatime snack or as a quick bite on-the-go. It's a versatile recipe, and you can customize the ingredients and spices according to your taste preferences. Enjoy the delicious flavors of Jhal Muri!
For best quality ingredients directly from West Bengal, please visit our site:- https://indiacuisine.net