- 1 cup freshly made chhena (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup Nolen Gur (date palm jaggery), grated
- 1/4 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A few strands of saffron (optional)
- Chopped pistachios or almonds for garnish (optional)
1. Start by preparing the chhena:
- Boil 1 liter of milk in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and add 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar. Stir until the milk curdles.
- Drain the whey using a muslin cloth. Rinse the chhena with cold water to remove the sourness of the lemon juice or vinegar.
- Squeeze out excess water and hang the chhena in the cloth for about 30 minutes to remove any remaining moisture.
2. Crumble the chhena and transfer it to a clean, dry bowl.
3. In a separate pan, heat the milk over low heat. Once it's warm, add the grated Nolen Gur (date palm jaggery
For best quality ingredients directly from West Bengal, please visit our site:- https://indiacuisine.net
Indulge in the exquisite flavors of Bengal with our exclusive Nolen Gurer Sandesh collection, a delectable fusion of creamy cottage cheese, aromatic date palm jaggery, and traditional craftsmanship. Explore the sweetness of tradition at INDIA CUISINE today!