- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Nolen Gur (date palm jaggery), grated
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- A pinch of salt
- Water (as needed)
- Prepare the Dates and Nolen Gur:
- Chop the pitted dates into small pieces for easy blending.
- Grate the Nolen Gur to ensure it dissolves easily in the chutney.
- Mix Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped dates, grated Nolen Gur, tamarind pulp, grated ginger, finely chopped green chili, black salt, roasted cumin powder, and a pinch of regular salt.
- Blend into a Smooth Paste:
- Use a blender or food processor to blend the mixture into a smooth chutney.
- If the chutney is too thick, you can add a little water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Taste and Adjust:
- Taste the chutney and adjust the sweetness, spiciness, or tanginess to your liking. You can add more Nolen Gur for sweetness, green chili for spice, or tamarind pulp for tanginess.
- Chill and Serve:
- Refrigerate the Date and Nolen Gurer Chutney for at least 30 minutes before serving. Chilled chutney enhances the flavors.
- Serve this delectable Date and Nolen Gurer Chutney as a sweet and tangy condiment with snacks, grilled dishes, or as a dip for various treats. Its unique blend of flavors will elevate your culinary experience.
For best quality ingredients directly from West Bengal, please visit our site:- https://indiacuisine.net