Aloo Kabli is a popular street food snack from Kolkata, India. It is a tangy and spicy potato chaat that is made with boiled potatoes and a variety of flavorful ingredients. Here's a recipe for making Aloo Kabli:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumbers
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon mint-coriander chutney (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Sev (crispy fried gram flour noodles) for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Cut the boiled potatoes into small cubes or bite-sized pieces and place them in a mixing bowl.
Add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, green chilies, and coriander leaves to the bowl.
Drizzle tamarind chutney and mint-coriander chutney (if using) over the potato mixture.
Sprinkle roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, red chili powder, and salt over the mixture.
Gently toss all the ingredients together until the potatoes and other ingredients are well coated with the chutneys and spices.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Transfer the Aloo Kabli to serving plates or bowls.
Garnish with a generous amount of sev on top.
Serve the Aloo Kabli immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges for squeezing fresh lemon juice on top before eating.
Enjoy the tangy, spicy, and flavorful Aloo Kabli as a delicious snack or appetizer. It's a perfect dish to enjoy with friends and family.
For best quality ingredients directly from West Bengal, please visit our site:- https://indiacuisine.net