Jhal Muri, a popular Bengali snack, is known for its spicy and tangy flavors. While the core ingredients of Jhal Muri remain consistent, there can be various ways to make it by adjusting the proportions and adding different elements. Here are some of the different ways Jhal Muri can be made:
1. Classic Jhal Muri: The traditional version includes puffed rice, peanuts, mustard oil, green chilies, roasted cumin powder, chopped onions, and a mix of spices like salt, turmeric, and red chili powder.
2. Masala Jhal Muri: This variation involves adding more spices like chaat masala, amchur (dried mango powder), and black salt to enhance the flavor.
3. Sev Jhal Muri: Sev (thin fried noodles made from chickpea flour) can be added for extra crunch and texture.
4. Aloo Jhal Muri: Boiled and diced potatoes are added to make the snack more filling and substantial.
5. Tomato Jhal Muri: Chopped tomatoes are included to add a tangy twist to the snack.
6. Coconut Jhal Muri: Grated coconut is added for a sweet and nutty flavor.
7. Puffed Rice and Corn Jhal Muri: Sweet corn kernels are mixed with puffed rice for an interesting variation.
8. Fruity Jhal Muri: Some versions include diced fruits like cucumber, green mango, or pineapple to add freshness and sweetness.
9. Sprout Jhal Muri: Sprouted lentils or beans are added to make it more nutritious.
10. Chutney Jhal Muri: Different types of chutneys, like tamarind or mint chutney, can be drizzled over the snack to enhance the taste.
Remember, Jhal Muri is a versatile snack, and people often get creative with the ingredients based on personal preferences and regional variations. The combinations are practically endless, making Jhal Muri a beloved and customizable snack for many people.
For best quality ingredients directly from West Bengal, please visit our site:- https://indiacuisine.net